Giant Cinnamon Roll Recipe
I recently made this massive cinnamon roll as a joke because a friend bought me a massive cinnamon roll, and it was the most un-satisfying thing ever. It was bread and a little bit of cinnamon. It was really sad. So, of course, I had to try and make one that satisfied my heart and soul.
And man, it turned out better than expected!
So, whether you have the urge to make a cinnamon bun, need to make a point, cooking for the holiday vibe…here is the perfect recipe to make that happen!
Let’s get started! Off to the kitchen we go!
Disclosure: Bear in mind that some of the links in this post are affiliate links and if you go through them to make a purchase I will earn a commission. Keep in mind that I link these companies and their products because of their quality and not because of the commission I receive from your purchases. The decision is yours, and whether or not you decide to buy something is completely up to you. 😉
GIant Cinnamon Roll Recipe
Fun, Crafty, Quick, and Easy Giant Cinnamon Bun Recipe
- For the Dough
1/2 cup of Butter
1/2 cup of Milk
1/2 cup of Warm Water
1 packet of Yeast (2 1/4 teaspoons)
1/4 cup of Sugar
2 Egg Yolks
4 1/2 cups of Flour
Dash of Salt
- For the guts (the filling)
1 stick of Butter
3/4 cup of Brown Sugar
3 tablespoons of Ground Cinnamon
- For the Frosting
1 cup of Confectioner Sugar
1 teaspoon of Vanilla
1/4 cup of Milk
- Melt the butter in a saucepan and stir in the milk until it’s hot, or just about to boil.
- Then in a mixing bowl, stir the warm water, yeast, and sugar. Then stir in the egg, and the 2 egg yolks. Add the salt, and a small portion of flour, and the butter & milk mixture that you made in the step before this. While the dough is mixing, continue adding in the remaining flour until you have all of the flour combined with the other ingredients.
- Finally, shape the dough into a ball and place it into a large oiled bowl. Cover it with plastic wrap and let it rise in a warm place for 1 1/2 hours or until it doubles in size.
- Make the filling by mixing together the butter, brown sugar, and cinnamon. It will be clumpy. Sprinkle the filling all over the dough, going all the way to the outside edges. Start rolling the dough away from you and cut into 6 equal pieces. Lay the pieces in the prepared baking dish, cover with plastic wrap, and let them rise for another 11/2 hours.
- I’m still trying to figure out how to bake this…because the inside of the cinnamon roll takes soooo long to cook. So, start the oven high: 350° degrees. Then after about 20 minutes, or once it looks like it’s cooked on the outside, reduce the temperature down to about 200°-250° degrees. For about another 20-30 minutes.
- While the cinnamon bun is baking, make the frosting.
- Once the cinnamon bun is cool, spread the frosting on top! And you’re done!! Enjoy!
If you enjoyed reading aboutGiant Cinnamon Roll Recipe, be sure to check out other recipes!
Bon app !