Since the whole process of deconfinement started it’s been difficult to drive around my town and see all the restaurants and coffee shops closed…especially burger places (restaurants). So, here I am… I made these perfect 20 minute homemade hamburger buns, at least until restaurants open!
Perfect 20 Minute Homemade Hamburger BunsDifficulty: Really Easy
- In a mixing bowl, dissolve yeast in warm water. Then add the oil and sugar and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- In the yeast mixture, mix in the egg, salt, and flour. Then mix until you form a nice dough.
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees (or 220 celsius). On a floured surface, knead the dough for about 2-3 minutes. Then divide into 6 pieces (or 12 smaller pieces) and shape into balls.
- Once shaped into balls, place the balls on a baking sheet. Let them rise for about 10 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together your egg wash and using a brush stroke on top of the burgers. Then add sesame seeds on top.
- Bake in the oven for 12 minutes or until your buns are golden!
- I personally like to use honey instead of pure white cane sugar!
Did you add or do something different? How did your buns turnout? (hehe)
Side note, I ate these buns with veggie burgers. 😉