I’ve wanted to make banana bread with some sort of fruit since this whole confinement thing started, and I have finally made a recipe! I’m calling it the Ultimate Banana, Lemon, and Myrtille Bread recipe.
The Ultimate Banana, Lemon, and Myrtille BreadCourse: Breakfast, SnackDifficulty: Super Easy
- Banana, Lemon, Myrtille Bread
2 cups Gluten-Free Flour (or Regular Flour)
1 cup of Sugar*
1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
Dash of Salt
4 Eggs, room temperature
3 Mashed Bananas
1/3 cup of Canola Oil*
1/2 cup of Applesauce
1 teaspoon of Vanilla Extract
2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
1 teaspoon of lemon zest
1 cup of Myrtilles (or Blueberries)
- Lemon Glaze
1 cup of Confectioners Sugar
2 tablespoons of Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- In a large bowl mix together all the ingredients except for the myrtilles.
- Preheat the oven to 350 F (175 C). In a loaf pan, put a layer of parchment paper.
- FOLD in the myrtilles into your batter and be careful not to squash them too much.
- Finally, pour the batter into the loaf pan, and bake in the oven for 45 minutes.
- While your bread is baking you can make the glaze. In a small bowl, mix together the lemon juice and the confectioners sugar.
- Once the bread is finished, let it cool for 20 minutes. Then pour the glaze on top.
- Enjoy! 😉
- For the sugar, I like to do a 1/4 cup of honey, and then 3/4 cup of white sugar.
- For the canola oil, you could also use coconut oil.
2 thoughts on “The Ultimate Banana, Lemon, and Myrtille Bread”
Yum! Looks so good!
Like!! I blog frequently and I really thank you for your content. The article has truly peaked my interest.