On cold days or early mornings a Dirty Chai always warms my heart. Here is a recipe that makes the most amazing and perfect Dirty Chai!
This is a vegan and gluten free recipe.
- 1/3 cup of Almond Milk
- 1 Chai Tea Bag*
- 1/4 cup of Water
- 1 Tablespoon of Maple Syrup
- 1 Shot of Espresso
- A pinch of Maple Sugar
***Notes: I like to use Tazo Chai Tea Bags! If you don’t have a frother, no worries! You can heat the almond milk up in the microwave or on the stove, there just won’t be any foam. 🙁
- Grab all the ingredients.
- Start a pot of water on the stove (this will be the 1/4 cup of water.)
- Put the 1/3 of a cup of almond milk into a frother* and steam it.
- Once the water is hot pour into a heat safe cup and add the chai tea bag.
- When the steamed almond milk is warm, carefully pour the almond milk into the cup with the tea bag.
- Then add the one shot of Espresso
- Add the Maple Syrup to your dirty chai and stir until dissolved.
- Sprinkle on top of the foam Maple Sugar (this gives it a little bit or kick/sweetness. You could also even add cinnamon on top!)
I love this recipe so much, as it only takes about 5 minutes to make and always puts a smile on my face! I hope you enjoy this recipe and it also puts a smile on your face!