When I’m starving, looking for a snack or board, this is my go to, I call it…
Le paquet is French and it means “The package”.
Le paquet is the perfect combination of protein, salt, nutrition, and has fantastic taste of different combinations.
Most importantly this is an extremely healthy and very quick option to have already made or to eat immediately.
On days when I am in a rush to come up with anything else to eat this is what I make. It’s not heavy, but it certainly fills you up.
This recipe is gluten free.
- 1 Egg
- 1/4 cup Quinoa
- 1 cup Water
- 1/4 of a GF Bio Bouillon Cube*
- 2 Cherry Tomatoes*
- 1/2 of an Avocado
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Coconut Oil
- Olive Oil
- Feta Cheese*
***Notes: I personally don’t put tomatoes in Le Paquet, but it doesn’t mean you can’t! If you do put tomatoes in Le Paquet, opt for cherry tomatoes. This recipe can be paleo and vegan if you don’t put in the feta cheese or the egg (vegan option). If you don’t have a Bouillon Cube on hand you can simply add different spices, salt, pepper..etc.
- Grab the ingredients
- Make the quinoa
- Make the egg
- Grab a bowl to put your meal in
- Chop the lettuce and place them in your bowl
- Chop the avocado and place some avocado into your bowl
- Add the quinoa to your bowl
- Add the egg to your bowl
- Chop the feta and place on top in your bowl
- Chop the cherry tomatoes and place them on top in your bowl
- Put Balsamic Vinegar and Olive oil in your bowl
- Fini(Finished)!! Take photos and enjoy your delicious meal!
To make quinoa…
- Grab a pot and put 1 cup of water in the pot, a 1/4 cup of quinoa, and add 1/4 of a GF Bio Bouillon Cube.
- Bring the quinoa to a boil.
- Then reduce the heat to very low and a place a lid over the quinoa.
- Simmer the quinoa at very low heat for 15 minutes, or until the water has absorbed into the quinoa.
- Then your quinoa is finished!
To make the egg…
- Grab a saucepan and place a very small amount of coconut oil in the pan. Crack the egg in the pan. Cook until you feel you like it. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed Le Paquet at… whatever time it was that you ate at! If you have any questions let me know! <3